Saturday 2 May 2020

Johnossi - Eld // Ljus


"Eld // Ljus" is the new single by the Swedish duo JOHNOSSI, it's the very first time in their long career, they are releasing a song in the Swedish language. It’s a new take on their "Torch // Flame" tune called "Eld // Ljus".

As JOHNOSSI comment the tune: "It feels both exciting and strange at the same time. We have been a band since 2003. Six albums. All in English. Writing and singing in English has always been the most natural thing for me (John). I suppose it's because when I was a child I listened almost exclusively to English-language artists and it was through them that I formed my own musical expression. It is extremely rare that I even consider writing and singing in Swedish throughout the years. But something happened at Christmas. I (John) listened to our, when not yet released, song "Torch // Flame" and suddenly some sentences in Swedish came to me.

Hmm, interesting I thought and paused the song. I took out my guitar, played "Torch // Flame" and started singing the sentences that had just come to me. It felt good, so I was looking for more images to put words into, and thankfully it just kept coming in a steady flow. I recorded my voice memo and after a while, I had written my first lyrics in Swedish ever. I secretly recorded it in the studio and eventually presented it to the others. In principle, we decided directly that it deserved to be released. So it is not a direct translation of the English lyric, it is a completely standalone Swedish version. So. Here it is. We call it "Eld // Ljus"."



JOHNOSSI is a rock duo from Saltsjöbaden, Stockholm County, Sweden, consisting of songwriter, singer, guitarist John Engelbert and drummer, percussionist, singer Oskar "Ossi" Bonde.

Their music is characterized by a full guitar sound supported by Engelbert's unorthodox guitar rig and myriad effects pedals, and Bonde's straightforward beats; studio releases often feature colorful percussion accents on instruments such as tambourine, woodblock, guiro, and chimes. A variety of musical styles appear in their work, from hard rock, to blues riffs, post-punk, and even gloom-pop, though lyrical themes are almost uniformly personal and slightly angsty.

Here is the Swedish lyrics so you can sing along :)

Knoppar brister in
Ett akneärr på din kind
Jag blev kvar till slut
Nu när jag hittat vägen ut

Så börjar allting om igen
En pöl av blod rinner mot himmelen
När isen spricker är vi där
Faller hejdlöst mot jordens atmosfär

En CP-skadad man
söker kärlekens famn
Va e ditt problem
Vår lycka är ett evigt sken

Jag är en eld du är ett ljus
Gömmer mig här långt bort från vindens sus
Så börjar allting om igen
En pöl av blod rinner mot himmelen

En ensam kvinnas tidsfördriv
En samling män, ett trött maskineri
Men varför kämpa tills vi dör
Om allt ändå nu redan har upphört

Jag är en eld du är ett ljus
Gömmer mig här långt bort från vindens sus
Så börjar allting om igen
En pöl av blod rinner mot himmelen

Enjoy today's tune "Eld // Ljus"!



More info @

Official Johnossi Web

Listen to ”Johnossi - Eld // Ljus" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: