Friday 24 October 2014

Jimmy Barnes - Going Down Alone


Hindsight sees Jimmy surrounded by family and friends, revisiting some of the biggest hits from throughout his solo career, along with a few deeper cuts and personal favourites. Family includes daughter Mahalia, son David Campbell and brother-in-law Diesel. And the friends include Keith Urban, The Living End, Tina Arena, Steven Van Zandt, Joe Bonamassa, Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain of Journey and many more.

As for the songs, most are icons in their own right: "No Second Prize", "Working Class Man", "I'd Die To Be With You Tonight", "Lay Down Your Guns", "Good Times", to name a few.

Thirty years after setting out to claim some history of his own, Jimmy Barnes is sounding better than ever. And his greatest hits have never sounded as good as they do with a little help from his family and some famous friends, on Hindsight.





Barnes explains the thought process behind creating a collaborative album of his own tracks:

“I wanted to do something special for the 30th anniversary… There was talk of a tribute album, but that idea would have taken me out of the picture. So then I thought of a much better idea – I’ll get all my favourite artists and sing with them!”

Barnes’ 40 year career means he is no stranger to the stage, having recently shared the bill with Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band at Hanging Rock in Victoria and later on at Mt Smart Stadium in New Zealand. Aside from his own tour dates, Barnes will also be a special guest for The Rolling Stones on 25 October at Adelaide Oval as part of their massive ‘14 On Fire’ tour.

As successful as his body of studio work has proven so far, what the stats and official accolades don’t show, but everyone knows, is that Jimmy Barnes is primarily a primal live act. Along with all the hit records and anthemic songs, there’ve been literally thousands of live shows. And as the majority of us have witnessed firsthand, there’s nothing quite like experiencing Jimmy Barnes in concert. He never leaves anyone in any doubt of exactly who is, and always has been, the hardest working man in rock & roll. It’s what’s made Jimmy Barnes arguably the most revered and loved entertainer this country has produced (thank you, Scotland!).

The two time ARIA Hall of Fame inductee (with Cold Chisel in 1993 and as a solo artist in 2005) shows no signs of slowing down in 2014. The 30:30 Hindsight tour will see Jimmy Barnes performing in some of Australia’s most iconic rock venues doing what he loves – and does best. Tickets are on sale from Wednesday 13 August, don’t miss out!

Barnes explains:

"These songs are important to me - I wouldn't go out there and change the essence of the songs," says Jimmy. "But I didn't bring in all these great artists to tell them what to do - I'm actually working with them because I'm learning from them. It was like, 'What are we going to do with this and have fun with it?' They sound like new songs now and really fresh to sing," Jimmy beams.

Todays tune "Going Down Alone" with Journey guys Neal Schon and Jonathan Cain plus Joe Bonamassa. The tune is taken from the 30th anniversary album "Hindsight", which will be out on Oct 27.

While I was in America earlier this year, I wanted to tip my hat to an old friend Jonathan Cain. Freight Train Heart was a really big record for me, one of the best records I’ve ever made, and a lot of that record was written with Jonathan Cain, who was the piano player in The Babys and then Journey. So Jonathan and I got together with Neal Schon, the guitar player from Journey, and we made the Freight Train Heart album together. So I got those guys in to record "Going Down Alone". It’s one of my favourite songs and the guys helped me breathe new life into it.”




More info @

About Jimmy Barnes Web

spotifyListen to "Jimmy Barnes - Going Down Alone" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here

No comments: