Wednesday 19 November 2014

Neil Young - Plastic Flowers


Storytone is the thirty-fifth studio album by Canadian musician Neil Young. The album was released on November 4, 2014 by Reprise Records. This is the second Neil Young studio album of 2014

Storytone was released in two different versions, one recorded solo, and the other gilded with orchestral and big-band arrangements, all recorded live with no overdubs, and Young singing in the same room as the musicians, Sinatra-style.

One edition features 10 tracks, recorded mainly with a 92-piece orchestra and choir, while the other, presumably deluxe edition, also includes versions of the tracks recorded solo alongside the orchestral versions. Both editions are released on November 4.

The deluxe version features the following tracks – the 10-track edition only features the second half:

"Plastic Flowers" (Solo)
"Who's Gonna Stand Up?" (Solo)
"I Want To Drive My Car" (Solo)
"Glimmer" (Solo)
"Say Hello To Chicago" (Solo)
"Tumbleweed" (Solo)
"Like You Used To Do" (Solo)
"I'm Glad I Found You" (Solo)
"When I Watch You Sleeping" (Solo)
"All Those Dreams" (Solo)
"Plastic Flowers" (Orchestral)
"Who's Gonna Stand Up?" (Orchestral)
"I Want To Drive My Car" (Band)
"Say Hello To Chicago" (Big Band)
"Tumbleweed" (Orchestral)
"Like You Used To Do" (Band)
"I'm Glad I Found You" (Orchestral)
"When I Watch You Sleeping" (Orchestral)
"All Those Dreams" (Orchestral)


180gram Double Vinyl + Limited Edition lithograph featuring Storytone artwork painted by Neil Young available while supplies last on Neil's site

Todays tune "Plastic Flowers" is taken from the new release "Storytone", enjoy!



More info @

About Neil Young Web

spotifyListen to "Neil Young - Plastic Flowers (Solo)" on Spotify here!

spotifyListen to "Neil Young - Plastic Flowers (Orchestral)" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here

No comments: