Monday 29 December 2014

Rival Sons - Great Western Valkyrie


Number 2 on Tune Of The Days best album list of year 2014 is the Long Beach, California soulful blues rockers Rival Sons with the record "Great Western Valkyrie".

Great Western Valkyrie is an album that you must have and I mean that. This one have a great sex appeal, it's timeless with a soul that really will hit you in the forehead, the tunes have great groove that will get you up on the dance floor, if you do not dance then you surely will play air drums or lying on the floor trying to get the riffs right. Rival Sons have done it again and taken us to new places I could never have predicted, but it works a dream!

The album explodes out of the blocks in very similar fashion to Head Down, but this is far better. I feel like Im in heaven when the yellow piece of plastic is spinning on my record player, the volume is getting higher and higher and I guess my neighbours soon will hit the bell and tell me to fuck off!


Todays tune "Where I've Been" is a beautiful piece taken from "Great Western Valkyrie" but todays Video is from the Rival Sons EP 'WiMP Presents Juke Joint Sessions'. Recorded in Juke Joint Studio, Notodden, Norway, July 31st 2014. Recorded as part of the streaming company WiMP's, exclusive Rival Sons EP, 'Juke Joint Sessions', released on August 18th. A co-operation between WiMP, Notodden Bluesfestival, and Juke Joint Studio.



More info @

Official Rival Sons Web

spotifyListen to "Rival Sons - Where I've Been" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here

No comments: