Thursday 28 September 2017

Annihilator – Twisted Lobotomy


Canadian Heavy/Thrash Metal band ANNIHILATOR will release their sixteenth studio album, "For The Demented", on November 3. The follow-up to 2015's "Suicide Society" will be available in a limited-edition digipack with lenticular cover, a jewel-case CD, a twelve-inch, 180-gram colored vinyl in gatefold and digital download.


This will be the band's first studio album with bassist Rich Hinks, who co-produced and co-engineered the album, and drummer Fabio Alessandrini.

Over a year after the release of Suicide Society (2015), ANNIHILATOR began working on a follow-up album. Founding member and guitarist Jeff Waters told Metal Wani in December 2016,  

"On the next one, the changes I'm gonna make… I only said two things. I've got all these people telling me, 'You've gotta go back to this album,' or that album, or that album, or that album. 'You've gotta do this,' 'You've gotta do that.' So what I do is I block it out. But I've decided that I'm going to not worry about catchy, commercial choruses — 'commercial,' as in you remember it, where you intentionally make that chorus the most important part of the song and you want people to remember that one every time. That kind of is the opposite of what I used to do in the earlier days. In the earlier days, I would go, 'I don't care about the chorus being the main part; I want the whole song to be cool.' So therefore the choruses were not as commercial or catchy. And they remained heavy back then; the choruses would end up being heavy. Whereas on my "Suicide Society" record I just did, you could have a heavy song, but then you hit the chorus and you go, 'Woah, that's pretty mainstream stuff in the choruses.' And the other thing was, since I'm such a fan of so many bands, I let myself go a little bit on the last album with being too blatantly obvious with my influences and my musical loves as a fan. So you really heard a song that had a lot of the "Master of Puppets" era of music from METALLICA, and you really heard a MEGADETH song on there, and you really heard in my vocals some Hetfield and Mustaine-isms. And I think that was great, as a fan, to get it out, but I think I need to do more of my own thing on the next record."

In February 2017, Waters said that the sixteenth ANNIHILATOR studio album was being co-produced and co-engineered by bassist Rich Hinks, making it the "first time I've actually had somebody else in the studio since 1990 (Never, Neverland) working with me on stuff."

On September 12, 2017, it was announced that the album, now titled "For the Demented", will be released on November 3; more details on the album, including track listing and artwork, and the music video for "Twisted Lobotomy" were released on the same day. In support of "For the Demented", ANNIHILATOR (along with DEATH ANGEL) will open for TESTAMENT on the European Brotherhood of the Snake tour, which will take place in November and December 2017.

 
Since 1989, ANNIHILATOR have not stopped putting out records and touring the world. Despite the ever-changing climate of the metal world (and releasing a series of "different" metal records with various lineups along the way), Waters and company have consistently delivered strong albums since the band's debut, "Alice In Hell". Then there was 1990's best-selling "Never, Neverland", 1995's "King Of The Kill", "Schizo Deluxe" in 2005 and many other critically acclaimed releases up until "Suicide Society". The "under-the-radar" influence of this band, and Waters, has been felt throughout the entire realm of the metal world by a ton of well-known musicians and bands; that influence even stretching into the hard rock and instrumentalist genre.
Waters, in his usual humble manner, offers this in response: "ANNIHILATOR's music has been influenced by a good hundred of my favorite bands and musicians; you can hear their contributions to what I have been doing all throughout ANNIHILATOR's catalog. It's a bonus and an honor when bands and musicians I love mention that I had something to do with their playing or songs!"



ANNIHILATOR is:

Jeff Waters (vocals, guitar)
Fabio Alessandrini (drums)
Rich Hinks (bass)
Aaron Homma (guitar)

Todays tune "Twisted Lobotomy" is the first tune taken from the upcoming album "For The Demented" to be released in November, enjoy!



More info @

Official Annihilator Web

Listen to ”Annihilator - Twisted Lobotomy" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!



No comments: