Saturday 24 November 2012

Destroyer - Kaputt


Last night I received a call to help out a little at a Gig with a band called Destroyer, cool I thought. When the band well got up and tore the first notes, I realized that I had expected was not at all consistent with what was being played, you think ... Destroyer, hard and ruthless, right? I was expecting much harder, like pure out hardcore, but there I got right on the nose. The sound that oozed out of the speakers was something completely different, a mix of soul, blues, folk, consisting of a pure cultivated Indie basis.

Soulful Indie and chamber pop in jazz collagen was offered during the evening at the Strand yesterday, okey actually live, beautiful swing with lots of wind. But now when I shall select a song, I'm completely lost. So I make it a bit easy for me and take the title song from their latest and ninth album "Kaputt", released on January 25, 2011. The vinyl edition of the album features bonus material on side three written largely by frequent Destroyer collaborator Ted Bois. This material is also included in the European CD version of the album credited as 'The Laziest River'.




Destroyer is a Canadian indie rock band from Vancouver formed in 1995 and fronted by singer-songwriter Dan Bejar.



More info @

Official Destroyer Web

spotifyListen to "Destroyer- Kaputt" on Spotify here!
spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

No comments: