Thursday 11 March 2021

Ane Brun - Make You Feel My Love

Thursday, time for a cover.

"Make You Feel My Love" is a song written by Bob Dylan for his 1997 album "Time Out Of Mind". It was first released commercially by Billy Joel, under the title "To Make You Feel My Love", before Dylan's version appeared later that same year. It has since been covered by numerous performers and has proved to be a commercial success for singers such as Clare Dunn, Adele, Garth Brooks, Shane Filan, Bryan Ferry, Kelly Clarkson, Ane Brun and Nick Knowles. Dylan eventually released the song as a single.

Today's version is from Swedish-based Norwegian singer Ane Brun features radical re-interpretations of the tune. The song is taken from her seventh studio album "Leave Me Breathless" where she covering both mainstream and more eclectic fare. Tunes like the soaring ballad by "I Want To Know What Love Is" FOREIGNER, Nick Cave’s romantic "Into My Arms". Maria McKee’s "Show Me Heaven", Mariah Carey’s "Hero" among many others.

Ane Brun says "I read the book “Normal People” earlier this year and I loved it! And shortly after I was told they wanted to use my cover of Bob Dylan “Make You Feel My Love” in one of the episodes of a new tv-series based on that brilliant book! This kind of synergy makes me so happy! This live version is from Leave Me Breatless Live at Oslo Spektrum"

Enjoy today's tune!

v

More info @

Official Ane Brun Web

Listen to ”Ane Brun - Make You Feel My Love" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: