Sunday 1 September 2019

Axe - I Think You'll Remember Tonight


Time to present album number eight out of ten of the assignments we got. "Choosing 10 vinyl albums that greatly influenced my taste". One album per day, 10 consecutive days. No explanations, no reviews, just covers. Every day I ask someone else to do the same." Throwing the ball at some nice figure at the social media Facebook.

There was a time when AOR, Soft Rock, Westcoast, and Melodic Hard Rock took some space in life. During this time I bought many records that suited that folder. I remember a time when I spent a lot of time with two friends in a Ford Sierra from the early '80s, cruising around the city with some catchy hard rock on the stereo. Music like ASIA, AXE, GREAT WHITE, BALANCE, STAN BUSH, TOTO, FAR CORPORATION, SAGA among many others was played and during this time I got in contact with many new bands and also got a chance to share the once I discovered. The Gainesville, Florida hard rock band AXE was one of the bands that I got recommended, not 100% sure who of them it was, but I guess it was the one who I throw that ball on :) we spend a lot of time with each other and discovered lots of great music over the years. The record that got the most playtime was the band's fourth album "Nemesis". Following the arrival of and touring with MÖTLEY CRUE in 1984, AXE suffered a setback when guitarist Michael Osborne was killed in an auto crash in which a badly injured Bobby Barth was lucky enough to escape with his life. The band dissolved following the tragedy.



Today's tune "I Think You'll Remember Tonight" taken from the 1983 album "Nemesis", enjoy!



More info @

Official Axe Facebook

Listen to ”Axe - I Think You'll Remember Tonight" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: