Wednesday 25 September 2019

Tapio Rautavaara - Juokse Sinä Humma


Today is my birthday, congratulations and cheers can be left in the comments below, haha. Birthdays are not something big as it used to be when you were younger and longed to reach a certain age, now you just get older and older and I have stop counting my age.

One day a few days ago I ended up in front of the TV, something that I usually not do, rarely watch TV, sometimes a movie with the family or some series with the wife, some football if time exists. But here I was, waiting for a game to start, turned the TV on and did not really check what was on as I had my computer in the lap at the same time, TV was on in the background and I was totally into reading on the laptop. Suddenly I hear a melody with Finish lines and I got completely warm inside my body, never heard this before but somehow I did recognize the song. Pretty strange feeling, then after a few minutes my dad showed up in my mind, he has been dead for a long time, he died when I was 5½ years old. Could this have been something that he played when I was young, maybe, as my dad was quarter finish and spoke the language when I was a kid. Don't know really, both my parents are gone so I guess it will be a mystery. Anyway, because I am a curious soul I started to check things up, googled and listen for several hours until I found the tune "Juokse Sinä Humma". Listen to it and try to figure it out. Read all I could find about the guy behind this tune and found it pretty interesting. The only sad thing is that he died on my birthday, same as my true hero John Bonham, both guys rest in piece.


Tapio Rautavaara (March 8, 1915 – September 25, 1979) was a Finnish athlete, singer (bass-baritone) and film actor.

As a singer, Rautavaara became very popular with the Finnish people and toured for over 30 years. Although his popularity diminished somewhat in the 1970s, he continued to make his appearance as a singer until his death.

Cornelis Vreeswijk interprets several of Rautavaara's songs on the album "En Spjutkastares Visor". Ville Valo, the frontman of the Finnish rock band HIM, regards Rautavaara as his greatest idol in Finnish music.

Today's tune "Juokse Sinä Humma" is taken from the album with the same name, released 1953.



More info @

Official Tapio Rautavaara wiki

Listen to ”Tapio Rautavaara - Juokse Sinä Humma" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: