Saturday 10 March 2012

Feared - 57




It have been to much music that eint our cup of tea here at Tune Of The Day..
So lets get down to the shit WE LIKE :D

I runned across this guy that I really like....His way to handle the guitar is quite remarkable, his name is Ola Englund and the bands he is in are:

Scarpoint



and Feared:



This is how he himself describe himself:

"I’m Ola Englund, born 1981, live in Stockholm Sweden together with my wife, son and dog. I’ve been playing guitar since 1994. My biggest influence that got me into guitar playing was actually Kurt Cobain of Nirvana. He made it easy to play guitar. Quickly after the metal music world opened up to me, starting with Pantera and Bolt Thrower. With the release of Far beyond Driven I was hooked, I had never heard anything more raw and brutal. Dimebag is my biggest influence of all time, you could probably hear a lot of him in my riffing. I can name a lot of other thrash/metal bands that I listened to to this day but I’m just going to the name the ones that really made an impact on me playing and music wise.
I started listening to Dream Theater and John Petrucci with the release of their Falling into infinity album. Some claim it’s their worst album but it’s actually my fave. Shows a different side to Dream Theater other than Awake and Images and Words. Anyway John Petrucci has been a big influence on my lead playing.



At this time I started playing in bands, the most serious and successful(if you can call one record release a success) one was Subcyde. If you search for it on google you’ll probably going to find old demos and reviews and stuff. We kept going from 1997-2007 so it was kind of a long journey with great friends. In 2007 we put the band on hold. We all needed to get away from each other and try out new things. I had a lot of songs piling up so I found this singer and we started the project Feared together. Easy setup. Just me recording songs and then put vocals on them. We formed a real band and did around 10 gigs. The singer moved to another town in Sweden so we put the real band on hold. But I’ve kept recording songs as you can see and hear on my youtube page. In the beginning of 2010 I joined the band Scarpoint as a second and lead guitarist.

I’ve always been a huge fan of brutal guitars and I’ve always been searching for the perfect sound(don’t we all!). I’ve been recording bands and stuff since Cakewalk 8 or 9 so I’ve had my share bit of recording. Also went to school a year for a Audio Engineer degree. In 2003 I built a studio together with a friend in Stockholm. The studio is still active and is called Midtown Music."

His 7 string guitar



More info on Ola Englund @ homesite!
Info on Feared Here!
info on Scarpoint Here!


The tune we are playing for u today doesnt have a name, but Ola called it "57",
Ah well Enjoy, Duuuudes and Dudettes

Lets hit the video!

Ladys and Gents, Ola Englund.




Sorry no Spotify on this one.

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

2 comments:

Jens Lundberg said...

Ola är GRYM!

Thetania said...

Ja verkligen, har missat han förut men uj vad glad jag blev av denna musik ;)