Wednesday 24 February 2021

The Pretty Reckless - And So It Went

That Tom Morello is a busy man, yesterday we got new genre-crossing single, “Can’t Stop The Bleeding”, featuring blues guitarist Gary Clark Jr. and electronic music producer Gramatik.

For today we have the latest single "And So It Went" by the New York City rock band from, THE PRETTY RECKLESS featuring guitarist Tom Morello (RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE).

"The world has been in such a state of civil unrest," singer Taylor Momsen says about the track. "'And So It Went' basically comes from that vision. As a songwriter, I feel like I'm not here to preach. I use music to observe and communicate what I see around me. This song felt like the perfect storm for Tom Morello to join in and rip the sound waves apart with his guitar. It was more than a pleasure having him add his unique and defining sound to the song."

Morello states about working with THE PRETTY RECKLESS: "I got to perform with Taylor Momsen at the Chris Cornell memorial show. We rocked 'Loud Love' and she nailed it — no easy task. Thank goodness she and her band continue to fly the flag for rock 'n' roll in a mighty way."

"Death By Rock And Roll" is THE PRETTY RECKLESS's first LP to be made without longtime producer Kato Khandwala, who died in April 2018 from injuries sustained in a motorcycle accident.

Speaking about Khandwala death, Taylor Momsen stated:

"That was the nail in the coffin for me. I threw my hands up in the air and kind of went 'Yeah, I give up.' I went down a very dark rabbit hole of depression and substance abuse and everything that comes with that."

Momsen told Forbes about "Death By Rock And Roll": "We worked really hard on this album and we went through a lot of loss, a lot of tragedy, and we really poured our hearts and souls into it and in a way I can't express verbally. It's all there in the music, so that's why I say it feels like a rebirth. It almost feels like the first record in a sense, because we really had to go back to the beginning after losing Kato, our producer. I'm just really excited for people to hear it because, in my opinion, it's the best album we've ever made so it's hard to sit on this music.

"We talked about holding the song 'Death By Rock And Roll' for longer too, and I was, like, 'I can't do this. I can't just sit on this album forever.' The world needs music and music has such a healing thing to it, and it saved my life, time and time again. If we put out a song and if it can put a smile on some people's faces, great, we'll take it from there. That's kind of what we're doing — we're riding the wave. This is just such an unprecedented time so we're trying to take it step by step, and see where things go. Everything is still up in the air, but we are planning on releasing more singles before the full album is out. There's going to be more music to come."


Today's tune "And So It Went", featuring guitarist Tom Morello, taken from the upcoming album is taken from THE PRETTY RECKLESS's upcoming album, "Death By Rock And Roll", which will be released on February 12 via Fearless Records in the U.S. and Century Media Records in the rest of the world.



More info @

Official The Pretty Reckless Web

Listen to ”The Pretty Reckless - And So It Went" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: