Wednesday 26 June 2019

Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex


There are very few artists that can sculp a universe of their own. Where every detail is compelling and every phrase is true and sincere. Lana Del Rey is among those chosen few. The line between the woman born Elisabeth Woolridge Grant and Lana Del Rey is as needless as comparing her to other artists. The Queen of Sadness can’t be of this world. From a poolside in a glamorous ruin Lana Del Rey has proven time and time again that she is nothing less than a masterful storyteller. Old Hollywood, vintage music, rockets, the Kennedys and Marilyn Manson – even though her lyrics are filled with nostalgia they remain highly contemporary and the same goes for the gloomy, dramatic music. Always cinematic and orchestral, topped with hip-hop beats and girl-group harmonies. If you add some of the best songs written this millennium, it is obvious that this is her time and we are blessed to be sharing it with her.


Lana Del Rey released her masterpiece "Lust For Life" in 2017 but shows no signs of slowing down. Earlier this year she gave us the two singles "Mariners Apartment Complex" and "Venice Bitch", both taken from the coming album named "Norman Fucking Rockwell".

Gärdet, prepare to be transformed into Lana-land because this summer the Queen of Sadness will travel to Sweden for a highly anticipated show at Lollapalooza.

Lana Del Rey will perform at Bay Stage Fri 6/28, 9:15pm-10:30pm



Today's tune "Mariners Apartment Complex", is a song by American singer-songwriter Lana Del Rey, released on September 12, 2018, through Polydor and Interscope Records, as the first “fan single” from her upcoming studio album, "Norman Fucking Rockwell" (2019). The song marks the first collaboration between Del Rey and Jack Antonoff, who wrote and produced the song together.

"The song is about this time I took a walk late at night with a guy I was seeing, and we stopped in front his friend's apartment complex, and he put his hand around my shoulder, and he said "I think we are together because we're both similar, like we're both really messed up" and I thought it was the saddest thing I'd ever heard. And I said, "I'm not sad, I didn't know that's why you thought you were relating to me on that level, I'm actually doing pretty good". And he was upset, and that's when I wrote the song. I thought, I had to do so many times, where you know like I had to sort of step on that role where I was showing the way and I was sort of being the brighter light. But that's why it's so cool that you’re playing it. 'Cause I thought that I'd just put it out and it would be one of those things that I'd put out just to have there for myself, but it's cool being able to share it with people too."



More info @

Official Lana Del Rey Web

Listen to ”Lana Del Rey - Mariners Apartment Complex" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!



No comments: