Saturday 21 January 2012

Cross - Human Resolution


Today I was at gallery that 2 of my dearest friends had, at Gallery Kocks.
Tomas Johansson and Sofia Lundberg, Tomas is a marvelous painter and Sofia takes wonderful photos. Here they are :D

Tomas Johansson, painter and also the bas player in Lizette & (as we showed u a couple of days ago)



Sofia Lundberg, Photographer.



On this Gallery I met another exiting man, Hansi Cross.
He is a musician, and producer of music, Ive come across him many times (we are even FB friends) over the years. We have many common friends, but never spoke for real, until today. He is a very nice and intresting person, full of caring and love.



He and his band plays Symphonic progressive rock, and they are really good!!
And now on February 3rd they are releasing an album "Wake Up Call".

In November 2009, Hansi did an interview for Background Magazine and on the question: How do you see yourself: as a singer/guitarist, a keyboardist
or a composer and producer?

He said:

“I see myself as a composer and a singing guitarist. I’m not a brilliant keyboardist, but I tend to find it more inspiring to compose our music on keyboards rather than guitar. This creates some interesting situations. For instance, if I compose a riff for guitar and bass on keyboards it sounds great and not too difficult, but by the time, we have to play it on guitar it sometimes turns out to be quite a challenge. What is easy to play on keyboards is not always easy on guitar.



I believe this way of working adds a Cross-approach to our music. Riffs and bass lines often have a sort of uniqueness, because they have been written on different instruments. I like most of the parts of that creative process, in different ways, but I think the composing part is the most important to me. Of course, I highly enjoy performing, playing guitar and singing as well. I wouldn’t want to focus entirely on composing.”

The guys behind this album is:
Hansi Cross - guitars, keyboards, lead & harmony vox, percussion
Lollo Andersson - basses, taurus
Tomas Hjort - drums, percussion
with:
Jock Millgardh - lead and harmony vox
Mats Bender - keyboards
Hannah Sundkvist - electric violin
Stefan Damicolas - harmony vox
Sabina Cross - additional violin
Lizette von Panajott - processed female vox

More info @ their homesite
On facebook

Ladys and Gents, here is Cross!

Peace, Thetania




Sorry no Spotify on this tune.

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds really good, a new experience for me. Thanks for this.

Thetania said...

Im glad u liked it