Friday 6 August 2021

Rob Halford - Till The Day I Die

Rob Halford JUDAS PRIESTS legendary frontman is perhaps the most important gay figure in the metal community. He came out in the late 90s, and recognizes it as one of the most freeing things he's done in his life.

In 1998, Halford publicly revealed his homosexuality on MTV. He broke down in tears saying, "It's a wonderful moment when you walk out of the closet. Now I've done that and I've freed myself. It's a great feeling for me to finally let go and make this statement—especially to The Advocate, because this magazine has brought me so much comfort over the years. Obviously this is just a wonderful day for me." Halford later explained that he did not have a plan or an agenda when coming in to do his interview with MTV. He mainly spoke about and promoted the Voyeurs album he made with ex-Marilyn Manson guitarist John 5, when he slipped out his sexuality after being asked a question from the studio's producer. He cited it being "kind of a big leap forward."

At the time Halford revealed his sexuality, he was concerned that he would lose his fanbase as a result. He explained that he cannot return to certain places of the world in fear of lapidation. He described the 1970s and 1980s as "incredibly difficult", but not counting it as important music-wise. Halford jokingly claimed that he cannot be replaced by a straight man, bringing up late QUEEN vocalist Freddie Mercury, saying that "if Freddie hadn't have been gay, QUEEN would've been a totally different band. But that's a really important part of my life that I have to get down on paper at some point."

Halford describes himself as "the stately homo of heavy metal", and said that his announcement was "the greatest thing I could have done for myself." He also explained that he did not announce it sooner due to the fear that it was going to be troublesome for himself.

Today's tune "Till The Day I Die" is taken from his fourth solo studio album "Halford IV: Made Of Metal" by the heavy metal band Halford. It was produced by Roy Z and recorded during 2009 and 2010. The album was released on September 28, 2010. Enjoy!



More info @

Official Rob Halford Web

Listen to ”Rob Halford - Till The Day I Die" on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!

No comments: