Monday 7 January 2013

Bridge Farmers - Ummo


The last Saturday (Twelfth Night), it was the annual "Metal Night", where friends gather to listen to music and have a really good time together.

This year, 11 pieces of music happy rockers who contributed with a record containing 8 songs each, where every song was part of a predefined category for which we earlier this year voted for. With an average of about 40 minutes per record gets about 9 hours of music.

Team - 2013




This year's categories were:

1. Thanks for the tip
2. Best Rock / Punk
3. Female Bloom
4. Best Drumming
5. Best Nordic Act (not Swedish)
6. Best Live Experience
7. Best Power Metal
8. Best Right Now


As usual, I was late for this event so I ended up last. But better last than not at all. The host of this event was "The Woan!" So big thanks to him.

Here are some reflections and thoughts about it and my music of course. Everything began at 15:00, as usual, and I came about an hour late, so I missed the whole category one, but got it explained by each when it was my turn, much candy there indeed.


1. Thanks for the tip: (Lucifer Was - Window Of Time) Here I chose the band Lucifer Was, which I had been tipped off by Robert "Chief Rebel", played the song "Window Of Time", got a a bit cool reception, but I like them.

2. Best Rock / Punk: (Ebba Grön - Die Mauer) Here, I chose simply to emphasize the Rock, because I quickly realized that it becomes well so hard to find a candidate who fits in, so I chose Punk to get the choice possibilities a bit narrower and to do things a bit fun. Then I chose to tighten the stitch further by selecting Swedish so it ended with Ebba Grön and the tune "Die Mauer"

3. Female Bloom: (Crucified Barbara – The Crucifier) Here I selected at first the band Wolfmother and the song "Women", but my wife saw this and thought I was a little too mannish, and should choose something with female vocals instead, so she suggested Crucified Barbara, so this choice was simply hers.

4. Best Drumming: (Led Zeppelin – Whole Lotta Love) Here I selected naturally John Bonham's drumming as the best, no doubt about it, easy choice. Did get a yellow, or was it even a red card for the length of the song, but it was live, so what do you expect :)

5. Best Nordic Act (not Swedish): (King Diamond – Give Me Your Soul) Here I had a little dilemma at first, chosed a bit between Finland and Norway, before it occurred to me that I had forgotten Denmark, when it got finished, the king must of course be here.

6. Best Live Experience: (Page & Plant – Gallows Pole) Here I had a pretty easy choice, a concert that I remember like it were yesterday. It was "Page & Plant" live at Sjöhistoriska. A wonderful evening that I probably will never forget. It turned out that another one had chosen the same evening, but the support act instead, which was Black Crowes, which in its own turn was a very good choice.

7. Best Power Metal: (Helloween – I Want Out) This was the most difficult category, actually ended with that I had to take a life line and throw out a question on Facebook what was best, got some answers and some "pm" where almost all the answers out of the question selected "Helloween" , for me, is this band not quite Power Metal but more Speed ​​Metal. But the song did a good impact.

8. Best Right Now: (Bridge Farmers - Ummo) This is the category that always changes more than once, I've actually lost count how many times I changed this, every time one looks at the list, I replace it with something that fits better at the time ... haha, this time it became the psychedelic stoner rock from Austin, Texas
 


So today we play the "Best Right Now" tune with Bridge Farmers, taken from the record "Din of Celestial Birds"

Bridge Farmers @ El Mercado 031512



Live @ Hole in the Wall 040811




More info @

Offical Bridge Farmers Facebook
Offical Bridge Farmers Bandcamp

spotifyListen to "Bridge Farmers - Ummo" on Spotify here!
spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

1 comment:

Chief Rebel Angel said...

Bridge Farmer var en trevlig bekantskap!