Friday 20 February 2009

Rocco DeLuca and The Burden - Save Yourself



Rocco DeLuca and the Burden(Formed late 2005)are a four-piece American alternative rock band from California. Previous to this Rocco DeLuca was a solo artist who opened for artists like Taj Mahal, John Mayall and John Lee Hooker, and played with Johnny Cash.

Their influences range from Mississippi John Hurt, Ravi Shankar, Pink Floyd and Mahalia Jackson.

Rocco DeLuca (born December 27, 1975 in Torrance, California) is a half Italian, half German.
He represented by a label, Ironworks, created by actor Kiefer Sutherland and producer Jude Cole. DeLuca is known for his use of the Dobro.



The band has a mascot, a human-sized pink bunny who drinks and chain-smokes at his gigs, seen exclusively in the documentary "I Trust You To Kill Me"
Another thing to mention is that Kiefer Sutherland was thier tour manager for some time, 10 days to be precise then he was fired.
Sutherland explains, "I toured with the band last year. I was their road manager. I had to get them up on time. . . . In all fairness I only did it for 10 days, but it was the scariest thing I've ever done in my life. . . . I was fired. I was never happier to come back to 24 — I felt safe there. Musicians are nuts."

Dobro

Dobro is a trade name now owned by Gibson Guitar Corporation and used for a particular design of resonator guitar.

More Info @ http://www.roccodeluca.com/ or MySpace

No comments: