Sunday 13 June 2010

Grace Kelly Quintet - Summertime



Grace Kelly!

This Lady is from Boston and she just turned 18.
Grace visited Stockholm Jazz Festival at the first day.

I was suprised, so suprised, so skilled with that alto sax,
and she could sing like a bird as well.
She is impressive in many ways she is a saxophonist /vocalist
/composer /lyricist and an arranger what about that?!



Grace says. I started alto privately, at age 10, not being patient enough to wait until they would allow me to study it in school. Once I played the alto for the first time I got a nice sound right away and it felt so right. I fell in love with the alto…the range fits my voice range perfectly and I feel like I’m "singing” through the horn. I never felt the need to permanently switch to tenor even though so many of my idols are tenor players.

She sold her albums at the side of the stage.
On one album she looked so young so I had to ask how old she was when recording that and the answer was 12...oii thats something!

So young but she already recorded and/or performed with many notable musicians such as: Lee Konitz, Phil Woods, Dave Brubeck, Hank Jones, Wynton Marsalis, Frank Morgan, Kenny Barron, Cedar Walton, Piano Jazz with Marian McPartland, Harry Connick, Jr., Russell Malone, Rufus Reid, Matt Wilson, Ann Hampton Callaway, Jerry Bergonzi, Terri Lyne Carrington, Dianne Reeves, Chris Potter, Adam Rogers, Christian Scott, Billy Hart, Winard Harper, George Cables, Ronnie Matthews, Ray Drummond, Peter Bernstein, and James Cotton, among others.

Ill give you 2 videos, one from 2009 and one from when she was only 15.

Listen and enjoy it.. mmmmmm

Peace, Thetania



I wanted to show u one when she was 15 years old.


Listen to "Grace Kelly Quintet - Summertime" on Spotify
Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify

No comments: