Saturday 17 September 2011

Svölk - 52


This evening, will there be a gathering when the hardrock community meets up for its annual meeting to nominate the categories that will be discussed during Twelfth Night in 2012, will be incredibly interesting to see how the elections will be. A fun event where like-minded people talking music and drinking beer:)

I really have not had much time to think about this, I have 10 points to hand out so I put enough my points as the honest algorithm, 1 +1 = 2 (choice 1) 2 +2 = 4 (choice 2) etc ... hehe just kidding. I will add my score on the categories that I think is challenging, so will see how it ends, will return with the results later on.

To warm up a bit for the evening i need something that fits in, so why not run something of the heavier sounds? Well, I chosed to give Svölk selftitled debut album a spin. It turned out to be a great choice!




From our neighbor country Norway and the town Trysil, where today's bands spend their time creating the music that they call "Bear Metal". They released their first EP in 2005, which they called "Beast Unleashed", while their self-titled debut album "Svölk" was released four years later.

However, I do not know how I would define "Bear Metal" almost so that you shall listen to it for yourself and judge, what I came up with is that this is a bit of a mishmash of straightforward rock, stoner, a little charming 80 century rock, spiced up by bluesy 70th

Napalm Records have just announce that the Norwegian bear metal band SVÖLK has joined their ranks.

Todays Tune "52" is taken from their debut album, the song "52" has been used in the Norwegian film Tomme Tønner (empty barrels), where they also made a music video for the song with clips from the movie.

Svölk 'em all!





More info @
Official Svölk Web
Official Svölk MySpace

spotifyListen to ”Svölk - 52" on Spotify here!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

No comments: