Monday 20 November 2017

Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream


Today is a sad day, at least for me, "Stones", I got a call a few hours ago from my cousin, a heartbreaking news about my sister, she had passed away, heavy, oh devastating. Is there anything worse than losing something so close? My Sister, who was so close to me throughout my childhood, a person who showed me right from wrong, always welcomed me as part of her own family, treated me as her own child. It was a quite big span of age between us, Im a so called trailing child. So my sisters children was in my own age, my best friend is almost the same age as me, so you get the point that my sister was like my extra mother back then. Shit, this became a bit hard to write, when you pause up and start to look back in the past, all the memories, all the good things that happens when I was a kid, all the love and all the fun, specially the time at Santasaari, a place where I basically grew up. "Burken" or "Can" in English was a very funny game back then.

The "Can" was a game that we did often. One is Ha'n and begins to count to eg 100 while all other running and hiding. Then, when Ha'n has finished counting, he screams loudly "Now I'm coming" and then it's up to Ha'n to find anyone hiding, for example, if he sees "Jenny" sitting behind a red house, he kick the "Can" (which may be a tree or a stone, etc.), saying, "The Can is kicked for Jenny behind the red house." If Jenny was behind the red house, she will arrive when the game is over for her. The other participants will try to sneak out to the "Can" and say "The Can is kicked for me" You can make the rules for who will be Ha'n next time either the one who first caught it or the one who kicks the last one.

 


My Sister has been a sick for some time now, she got Alzheimers, so it was expected, so I did of course prepared myself a little inside that this day will come sooner or later, but it doesn't matter how much you pre-per, it will hit you hard anyway. My Sister was a incredibly love and careful person, thinking the best for her kids and me. She wanted us to have fun in Life, so it was really fun to be in her space. Of course she could be both stubborn and strict, but in a good way if you look back.

My sister loved Elvis Presley, same as my mom. My Cousin got the news yesterday that my sister got bad, he took a plane this morning to be able to visit his mom, when he arrived, he played some Elvis for my Sister and his Mom so she could sleep tight and leave this earth and so she did.



Now I want you my "Sister, bonus mom" to rest in peace and when times comes and you will return to Earth, you are more than welcome to come over for a visit, either as a flying soul or with a new body, around here you will get fine roasted coffee and Elvis played on Vinyl. I dedicate today's song to my Sister, a song with Elvis, because the first Artist I think of when I remembering my Sister is Elvis. So this is the best way to honor her and for me to say goodbye.

So now I feel immediately much better and can probably consider that the first part of the grieving process is over. Soon awaiting a funeral in the north where siblings and close relatives are going to attend, where i can take the last farewell.

Today's tune "If I Can Dream" is a song made famous by Elvis Presley, written by Walter Earl Brown and notable for its direct quotations of Martin Luther King, Jr. The song was published by Elvis Presley's music publishing company Gladys Music, Inc. It was recorded by Presley in June 1968, two months after King's assassination. The recording was first released to the public as the finale of Presley's '68 Comeback Special. Brown was asked to write a song to replace "I'll Be Home for Christmas" as the grand finale on NBC's "Elvis" (June 20–23, 1968). He wrote "If I Can Dream", and when Presley heard it he proclaimed "I'm never going to sing another song I don't believe in. I'm never going to make another picture I don't believe in."

When Colonel Tom Parker heard the song demonstrated by Earl Brown, he said: "This ain't Elvis' kind of song." Elvis was also there, unbeknownst to him, and he said: "I'd like to try it, man." Earl Brown said that when Elvis recorded the song, Brown saw tears rolling down the cheeks of the three back up singers. One of them whispered to him: "Elvis has never sung with so much emotion before. He means every word."





More info @

Official Elvis Presley Web

Listen to ”Elvis Presley - If I Can Dream " on Spotify!



Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify!



No comments: