Saturday 5 January 2013

Twisted Sister - I Am (I'm Me)


Today it is a little special day, we will pay a tribute to a blog colleague. I have asked "Grimgoth" to give me a song that has an important role in his life, a song that refers to something emotionally and not just a good track that has no meaning. If this will be a recurring topic remains to be seen.

This is his choice and his words.

"I remember when I was little and stood with a tennis racket in my hands in front of the TV the MTV was on, it was also likely to" Headbangers Ball ", and yes, I'm that old.
It showed up a guy with big bushy blond hair and makeup like a girl and asked the question "What do you wanna do with your life?" The answer where just like in the video "I Wanna Rock".

This group has made a huge impression on me and got to see them live, then at Sweden Rock 2012 that was larger than life, and then once again have the chance to see them at Skogsröjet 2013 is even better! My dad gave me one time a recorded tape from vinyl with the albums  "Asylum -
Kiss" and "Come Out And Play - Twisted Sister" on the tape, I have still have it here at home and one day my son will get it from me. The fact is that we have looked at Twisted Sister - The Video Years here at home, and he became just like me ... saved. Perhaps it is the "third" generation of hard rockers?

But why I choose the song "I Am (I'm Me)"? First, it is a great song with awesome speed and with a text which may get the calmest person to become anarchic and wild!

For me its a bit of a recurrent theme that I had through my life, it is truth and plays at many strings in my body and soul.

It is perhaps, as Nationalteatern also say in their song ""Vi Fortsätter Och Spela Rock N Roll"" ("We Continuing to play Rock N Roll")? "We have made our own song, which is contradictory and cross We not even understand it ourselves. "

I'm probably just like those songs!

Rock on! "

Grimgoth





Today's tune "I Am (I'm Me)" is selected by "Grimgoth", it's taken from the second studio album "You Can't Stop Rock 'n' Roll" by American heavy metal band Twisted Sister, released on June 27, 1983.



More info @

Official Grimgoth Web
Official Twisted Sister Web

spotifyListen to "Twisted Sister - I Am (I'm Me)" on Spotify here!
spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

2 comments:

Spader Ess said...

Kul idé!

Grimgoth said...

Vad grymt det vart i tryck!
Tack igen!