Friday 6 January 2012

Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats - I'll Cut You Down


Yesterday, was the Hard Rock Society's annual meeting, for the fifth year in a row at the Twelfth Night. A really wonderful event where 12 music geeks drinking beer and playing music, talking music and dreaming music. Alot of music will be played under a event like this, eight categories are examined, with each disc incisions around 40 minutes times 12:) Holy moses, but hell this is fun.

Here is my choices under each category that I stood for during this evening.



1. Band, That I Missed Live: Thin Lizzy - Are You Ready
One of the bands that I really wanted to see live when I was younger, but unfortunately never got the chance and now it's too late.









2. Bang Your Head: Motörhead - Overkill
This is a category that it really is plenty to choose from, but this is a song that I could never stand still when it is played.









3. Worst Production: Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats - I'll Cut You Down
There are also plenty of bands who are suffering from a bad production but still got something so you can listen to it. This band I have selected seems to have tried a little too much to get to the old classic garage sound, so the sound is a bit too messy, but the song is great.






4. Best Ballad: Great White - Since I've Been Loving You
Ballad, hmm... In this case, quite simply, do not want to play "Wind Of Change" exactly, but choose a really great classics from the world's top band "Led Zeppelin", to spice it up a bit, I picked a really good cover of this performed by Great White .








5. Best Song Title: Ministry - Jesus Built My Hotrod
Right troublesome category, wanted something clever and good, so it had simply become a Ministry










6. Music For A Darkened Room: Opeth - Coil
A category that can be interpreted in many ways, my interpretation was a bit romantic, candlelight, a bottle of fine wine and a partner to share this with.







7. Honor The Dead: Patti Smith - Smells Like Teen Spirit
One category that you can celebrate their heroes one of, have already paid tribute to John Bonham in the ballad, so I could not take one more Led Zeppelin song, Dio is guaranteed to be choosed by someone else so this becomes too obvious. In the end, I looked at the classic twenty-seven year old deaths and found Kurt Cobain and his Nirvana, a song that does not directly have been a favorite, but when I heard Patti Smith's version of Smells Like Teen Spirit, I got sold, flowersinyourhead as good it is.






8. Best Right Now: Vektor - Cosmic Cortex
An obvious choice right now, an album has been played dozens of times and recommended warmly.









Here are some pictures.

2012 - Team

The Records

The DJ


Todays tune "I'll Cut You Down" is taken from the split single with "Danava" The song is also available on "Blood Lust"





More info @

Official Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats MySpace
Official Uncle Acid And The Deadbeats Facebook

No Spotify on this one!

spotifyFollow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify here!

2 comments:

Chief Rebel Angel said...

Oh, vilken kväll det var. Som vanligt! :-)

Stones said...

Absolut synd att det är så långt kvar till nästa gång bara.