Tuesday 6 July 2010

Jorn - Song For Ronnie James

The Norse God of Metal. The leader of the renaissance of classic Hard Rock on its highest level. One of the most prolific and sought-after singers of today, whose immense vocal talent has reserved him a status of a living legend to be counted amongst the greatest giants in the history of rock.

This is Jorn Lande and now he offers his talents to honor the legacy of Ronnie James Dio, arguably one of Lande’s biggest influences and truly one of the best singers in Rock Music. His new album "Dio" is the seventh studio album, was released 2nd of July 2010. The album was recorded as a tribute to the late Ronnie James Dio and consists of covers of songs from Dio, Black Sabbath and Rainbow, with one original composition written for Ronnie James Dio. Lande describes the album as a "fine collection of songs that present the music of the Man and the Artist, with a unique twist" and a "sincere and heartfelt “thank you” to a great and influential Artist" who "has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today".



A music video for the song "Song for Ronnie James" was released on Youtube. The announcement of the album didn't pass off without critique however, as some fans accused Lande of exploiting the death of Dio. Frontiers Records President released a statement in which he denies those accusations and explains that the albums has been in the works since spring of 2009

In Jorn’s own words “Throughout the years I have had the privilege of both meeting and working with many of the musicians that have inspired me on my musical journey. Ronnie James Dio has inspired me through decades, and this man's influence continues to add color to my creative spirit. Ever since the first time I heard his royal roar back in the 70's, I have been fascinated by this extremely talented man's creative force and dedication to music. His career has been going on for so long and includes so many great songs, that it was a challenge to decide which songs and what era to focus on. I ended up focusing on the DIO era. I wrote 'Song for Ronnie James' as a tribute and a personal thanks to the man who has been my mentor for more than 35 years. This great man has affected my life and career in such a way that without his presence, I would not have become the artist I am today”.

This album includes many classics and there will be a review on this record soon on Werock, but i like what i hear sofar.

Todays tune is taken from the album "Dio", enjoy!



More info @ Jørn's Official Website

Listen to "Jorn - Song For Ronnie James" on Spotify
Follow tuneoftheday.blogspot.com on Spotify

No comments: