Monday 14 June 2010

Omar Lye-Fook - Music


This artist will end my report on Stockholm Jazz Fest.

The Fest was great, first day on thursday it was quite sunny and nice.
I was on stage #3 and my eminent stagemanager was Yohanna Karnik.
She did a very good job and my coworker was Andres Merenna.
We had a ball and I think the artists was pleased as well.

Second day and third was a bit rainy and windy, but all the music
on all 3 stages was so groovy so it was 3 great days anyway :)
One of the Omar group got the loge key with them to UK I think
cos we couldnt find it, I saw a window that was a bit open.
It was some how broken but a security guard helped me to get it up
and I climbed in and got the loge unlocked.
Then when I should shut the window it braked
and I got it in my hand hehe Ahwell we manage to shut it.

The technicians on the other 2 stages was marvellous so was the stagehands.
My greatest moment was when Kool and The Gang did their sound check.
I was in trance and danced like a mad :)

Okey back to Omar Lye-fook, he is a British soul singer, songwriter and musician.
He a very underestimated artist, I highly encourage anyone with
the opportunity to see him live to do so.



He did 6 albums between 1990 and 2006.
He have preformed with:
Angie Stone
Caron Wheeler (vocalist for Soul II Soul)
Galliano
Erykah Badu
Guru (of veteran rap group, Gangstarr)
Kele Le Roc, of Basement Jaxx fame
Stevie Wonder, whom Omar has collaborated with on multiple occasions
and that is not the whole list.

Ive seldom heard sutcha voice, it is so soulful and rich and
to tell you the truth, there aren't enough words to describe it.

I´ll give you 2 videos one that I unfortunately dont have a name to.

Ladys and Gents, here is Omar!

Thetania



No comments: